HAVELOCK - Cindy Sills was diagnosed with rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) in 2012. It's a rare cancer that grows from the bodies connective tissues.
The Havelock woman had been raising awareness for the disease with the help of her husband, Donnie, until she recently passed away.
But their fight goes on- Donnie continues to run to raise awareness of the cancer.
To donate for sarcoma research, visit one of the following websites:
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Greater New Bern Business Expo attracts thousands
- Updated Five years since Hurricane Irene made landfall in Eastern Carolina
- Updated Funeral for mother and three children murdered in Greenville
- In presidential elections, size doesn't always matter