HAVELOCK - Cindy Sills was diagnosed with rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) in 2012. It's a rare cancer that grows from the bodies connective tissues.
The Havelock woman had been raising awareness for the disease with the help of her husband, Donnie, until she recently passed away.
But their fight goes on- Donnie continues to run to raise awareness of the cancer.
To donate for sarcoma research, visit one of the following websites:
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend