BRIDGETON - An accident involving a husband and wife on their motorcycles turned deadly Thursday, after the man died from crash injuries caused by a deer in the road.
Edward Horn II, 50, was pronounced dead Thursday afternoon at Carolina East Medical Center.
Investigators from the State Highway Patrol believe the crash happened when Horn and his wife, Rose, traveled southbound on St. Delights Church Road near Bridgeton.
A deer ran out into the road, where Mrs. Horn first struck the animal. Her husband then crashed into her motorcycle.
Both were conscious and walking when emergency responders arrived just after 2:00 p.m. The two wore helmets, and had cuts and bruises on their arms.
Mrs. Horn was taken to Carolina East Medical Center in New Bern, and later airlifted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
The Horns are residents of St. Delights Church Road in Craven County.
- Updated Officer pleads not guilty in Philando Castile killing
- Updated Will Trump get his commerce secretary?
- New One arrested, two wanted in Onslow County break-in
- Lenor County business to add 25 jobs, $4.5 million in investments
- Nunes: 'We still have not seen any evidence' of Trump campaign, Russia contact