Gulf Coast - Hurricane Nate made landfall as a Category 1 storm in Louisiana near the mouth of the Mississippi River Saturday night. Nate is expected to make a second landfall overnight along the Mississippi coast. The National Hurricane Center is suggesting that he will continue on a north-northeast path into Alabama, as he will continue to lose strength and drop into Tropical Storm status. The forecast path continues through Tennessee and into Kentucky before dropping to a Tropical Depression in West Virginia early Monday.
Click here to watch live coverage from our sister station WPMI.
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- New Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures
- The Geminid meteor shower is upon us and might be one of the best ever