Jones County - A hunter was shot in the leg in Jones County Saturday and as of Sunday morning, is still in critical condition.
An unidentified man in his late 50s is said to be accidentally shot in the leg.
Jones County deputies say it happened at around 9:30 a.m. in a wooded area near Highway 41 on Saturday.
Saturday was the first day of open season.
According to deputies, the man was hunting in a hunting party. Another hunter fired a shot which is said to have ricocheted off the ground and before hitting the man in the upper thigh.
The man was medevaced to Vidant Medical Center.
A helicopter had to land on the Trenton/Cove City exit 41 bypass to pick the man up.
Authorities are not releasing the name of the shooter due to his age.
The incident is under investigation.
- Trump meets with top US manufacturers
- Updated Uber pleads with users deleting the app: 'We're hurting'
- New York Times ad seeks the truth ... during the Oscars
- Updated Lejeune High School senior named Marine Corps Military Child of the Year
- One Republican congressman's plan to deal with town hall disrupters