RALEIGH, N.C. - Another Baptist minister-turned-politician is helping the Rev. Mark Harris raise money for his U.S. Senate campaign in North Carolina.
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee was slated to headline a fundraiser for Harris on Saturday evening at a north Raleigh country club.
Huckabee ran for president in 2008 and is considering a similar campaign in 2016. He also hosts a weekend show on the Fox News Channel.
Huckabee already has endorsed Harris, the senior pastor at First Baptist Church in Charlotte. Huckabee's wife, Janet, held a fundraiser for Harris in the fall. Saturday's tickets were $250 a person.
Harris is one of eight Republicans seeking their party's nomination in May. The winner is expected to take on Democratic incumbent Kay Hagan.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Updated Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew