GRANITE FALLS - An autopsy has been ordered for a State Bureau of Investigation agent who died in a fire at his Caldwell County home.
Authorities said firefighters found 47-year-old Christopher Haas dead in his home after his wife reported the fire when she returned home Monday afternoon. Officials said the blaze caused about $8,000 worth of damage, but released few other details.
Investigators say they won't talk about Haas' death until they get the results of the autopsy later this week.
Haas was a Special Agent for the SBI assigned to the Hickory District.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo