GRANITE FALLS - An autopsy has been ordered for a State Bureau of Investigation agent who died in a fire at his Caldwell County home.
Authorities said firefighters found 47-year-old Christopher Haas dead in his home after his wife reported the fire when she returned home Monday afternoon. Officials said the blaze caused about $8,000 worth of damage, but released few other details.
Investigators say they won't talk about Haas' death until they get the results of the autopsy later this week.
Haas was a Special Agent for the SBI assigned to the Hickory District.
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return