DUPLIN COUNTY - The Red Cross is helping a Duplin County family whose house was heavily damaged in a Thursday morning fire, authorities said.
Firefighters got the call at about 7:30 a.m. to the 1600 block of Veachs Mill Road, northeast of Warsaw. The blaze had started in the ceiling of the home, fire officials said.
A neighbor called about the fire because the residents had left for work, officials told NewsChannel 12.
The house might be labeled a total loss, according to an emergency management official. The family of four who lived there is working with the Red Cross to find a place to live.
No one was hurt, investigators said. The cause of the fire was unknown.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte