DUPLIN COUNTY - The Red Cross is helping a Duplin County family whose house was heavily damaged in a Thursday morning fire, authorities said.
Firefighters got the call at about 7:30 a.m. to the 1600 block of Veachs Mill Road, northeast of Warsaw. The blaze had started in the ceiling of the home, fire officials said.
A neighbor called about the fire because the residents had left for work, officials told NewsChannel 12.
The house might be labeled a total loss, according to an emergency management official. The family of four who lived there is working with the Red Cross to find a place to live.
No one was hurt, investigators said. The cause of the fire was unknown.
- Updated Uber CEO orders 'urgent' investigation after sex harassment allegations
- Updated Sheriff's Office searching for missing Greenville teen
- New Yorkers rally to say, 'Today I am a Muslim, too'
- Local businesses teaming up to feed hungry at Empty Bowls event
- Global arms trade hits highest level since end of Cold War