DUPLIN COUNTY - The Red Cross is helping a Duplin County family whose house was heavily damaged in a Thursday morning fire, authorities said.
Firefighters got the call at about 7:30 a.m. to the 1600 block of Veachs Mill Road, northeast of Warsaw. The blaze had started in the ceiling of the home, fire officials said.
A neighbor called about the fire because the residents had left for work, officials told NewsChannel 12.
The house might be labeled a total loss, according to an emergency management official. The family of four who lived there is working with the Red Cross to find a place to live.
No one was hurt, investigators said. The cause of the fire was unknown.
- New Campaign manager points to 'undercover Trump vote' in polling gap
- Updated Maternal deaths down globally, up in US
- Updated Flight delayed over bizarre crew member tiff
- Updated Family Dollar store robbed at gunpoint, suspect on the loose
- Updated Closest potentially habitable planet to our solar system found