NEW BERN - A Craven County man who was an employee of a local hotel at the time of his arrest is charged with first degree rape of a child.
Jimmie Eric Malone Jr., 38, allegedly committed the crime over a six-year period ending in June, according to Craven County deputies.
At the time of his arrest in late July, Malone Jr. worked at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in New Bern.
"It sickens me just to hear [that]," a hotel guest said.
The alleged incident did not happen at the hotel.
Management at the hotel declined to comment and would not say whether or not Malone Jr. still is employed at the location.
The suspect remains behind bars and is also charged with bigamy, marrying someone while already married to someone else.
Malone Jr. is due back in court next week.
- Updated Hope that someone gets my message in a bottle - and someone did ... 50 years later
- Updated Deputies looking to identify man wanted for questioning in fraud case
- Updated Mediterranean migrant deaths reach record level in 2016
- Updated Megyn Kelly's epic clash with Newt Gingrich
- Updated Dogs go on poop patrol to sniff out fecal bacteria