Hot tobacco sparks barn fire
A tobacco barn caught fire Saturday afternoon, after some of the tobacco inside ignited.
It happened about 2 p.m. in Jones County, off Old Kinston-Trenton Road, near the Highway 58 intersection.
The fire chief on scene said that tobacco inside the barn was being dried with a heater, and the heat led to the tobacco catching fire.
The barn was heavily damaged, but not destroyed.
No one was hurt.
Copyright 2013 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.