JONES COUNTY - A tobacco barn caught fire Saturday afternoon, after some of the tobacco inside ignited.
It happened about 2 p.m. in Jones County, off Old Kinston-Trenton Road, near the Highway 58 intersection.
The fire chief on scene said that tobacco inside the barn was being dried with a heater, and the heat led to the tobacco catching fire.
The barn was heavily damaged, but not destroyed.
No one was hurt.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Updated Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction