Thursday afternoon, at about 12:50 the Wayne County Communications Center took several calls about a home invasion and armed robbery at 4057 Central Heights Road, Goldsboro, NC. Wayne County Sheriff C.A. Winders, Deputies and Drug Officers responded, and arrested two people after a chase. The property that they say was stolen, cash and firearms, has been recovered. Both victims, George Peele, 78, and Mary Carter Peele, 76, were assaulted during the robbery. They were treated and released from Wayne Memorial Hospital Emergency Room. Detectives followed, which led to the suspects being charged. Travis Antonia Harris Jr. and Alfonzo Mack face charges of Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon, Second Degree Kidnapping, and Assault Inflicting Serious Bodily Injury. Both suspects were booked in the Wayne County Detention Center under a $500,000 bond.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Updated Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates