Home fire leaves family homeless

Home fire leaves family homeless

EDGECOMBE COUNTY - A family in Eastern Carolina is without a home and without everything inside of it.

A fire Friday morning destroyed a home in Edgecombe County on Highway 111, North of Pinetops.

Four family members lived in the home. One of them is Lotisha Bullock.

"Everything is gone," Bullock said. "Clothes, electronics, furniture. But we did get out so that's a blessing too."

Bullock lives there with her 10-year-old daughter, her mother and her stepfather.

"This home has been in our family for years," Bullock said. "It belonged to my grandmother and yesterday was the anniversary of her death."

The fire comes two days after Christmas.

It started in the middle of the home, with six family members inside. Witnesses say the flames grew large, very fast.

Edgecombe County Fire Marshal, Butch Beach, says the fire broke out Friday morning around 11:30 am. He says the fire was caused by electrical problems in the walls. Beach says it took fire fighters about an hour to get the flames under control. Investigators say the home is a total loss.

Red Cross is assisting the family. No one was hurt.

Most Popular