June 30th was the official last day of operation for The Coastal Academy for Technology and Science Charter School in Morehead City. The State Board of Education permanently revoked it's charter earlier this year. Now the town of Morehead City wants to consolidate city operations and services at the now vacant building.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend