PINE TOPS - Update: According to authorities, distracted pick up truck driver, Robert Wells was charged with misdemeanor death and failure to reduce speed.
Bruce Lewis died while being treated at the hospital.
Previous:One man is dead following a moped and vehicle accident in Edgecombe county.
According to the Highway Patrol, Bruce Edwards Lewis was traveling East Saturday on Highway 258 several miles East of the town of Pine Tops when his moped collided with another vehicle.
Lewis died due to injuries sustained during the crash.
It's unclear who is at fault in the crash or if any charges will be filed.
Stay with NewsChannel12 for updates.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal