NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - UPDATE: New Bern Police reopened the eastbound lanes of Highway 70 in New Bern around 11:00 Tuesday night.
PREVIOUS: A two-car crash on Highway 70 in New Bern prompted officers to shut down the eastbound lanes.
The wreck happened just before 9:00 Tuesday night.
According to New Bern Police Sergeant Ben Lewis, four people suffered non life-threatening injuries and were taken to a hospital. There was also a minor extrication.
Sgt. Lewis said two cars collided in the eastbound lane and ended up on the Trent Road overpass, between the MLK overpass and the Pembroke exit.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
Stay with NewsChannel 12 for updates.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Stranded mariners saved after writing 'SOS' in the sand
- Updated Yellowstone National Park worker falls to death
- Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her