NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - UPDATE: New Bern Police reopened the eastbound lanes of Highway 70 in New Bern around 11:00 Tuesday night.
PREVIOUS: A two-car crash on Highway 70 in New Bern prompted officers to shut down the eastbound lanes.
The wreck happened just before 9:00 Tuesday night.
According to New Bern Police Sergeant Ben Lewis, four people suffered non life-threatening injuries and were taken to a hospital. There was also a minor extrication.
Sgt. Lewis said two cars collided in the eastbound lane and ended up on the Trent Road overpass, between the MLK overpass and the Pembroke exit.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
Stay with NewsChannel 12 for updates.
- New Rousseff's impeachment trial opens in Brazil
- Updated Navy surprises ailing WWII veteran at his home
- Updated Here's what happened to AIDS drug that spiked 5,000%
- Accused Pitt Co. murder suspect officially charged with murder of three children
- Greenville Fire & Rescue classifies overnight fire as intentional