NEW BERN. - Highway 70, where the Trent River and Neuse River Bridges merge, was reopened Friday night, following a slew of wrecks in the area.
An SUV overturned in a four-car crash Friday evening, causing Highway 70, going in both directions, to be closed at the bridges, the Highway Patrol said. According to troopers, there were about 21 accidents on the Neuse River Bridge, involving 35 cars, on Friday.
The off ramps were covered in ice, DOT officials said. But crews had since applied salt, and both bridges, as well as that section of Highway 70, were reopened late Friday night.
- Updated Academy President on 'Birth of a Nation': 'People need to see this movie'
- Updated First known case of sexual Zika transmission without symptoms
- Updated US blood supply should be screened for Zika, FDA says
- Updated Dolly Parton on 2016 candidates: 'I think they're both nuts'
- Updated Wolfowitz 'might have to vote' for Clinton