NEW BERN. - Highway 70, where the Trent River and Neuse River Bridges merge, was reopened Friday night, following a slew of wrecks in the area.
An SUV overturned in a four-car crash Friday evening, causing Highway 70, going in both directions, to be closed at the bridges, the Highway Patrol said. According to troopers, there were about 21 accidents on the Neuse River Bridge, involving 35 cars, on Friday.
The off ramps were covered in ice, DOT officials said. But crews had since applied salt, and both bridges, as well as that section of Highway 70, were reopened late Friday night.
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend