PAMLICO COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a man accused of stealing a vehicle and leading authorities on a high-speed chase through Pamlico County.
According to the Pamlico County Sheriff's Office, 20-year-old Devonta Respers stole the vehicle Thursday afternoon on Lovett Lee Road in Merritt, between Oriental and Arapahoe.
The owner of the vehicle called deputies, who saw Respers on Highway 55 just after 9 a.m. Friday, the Sheriff's Office stated. Deputies chased Respers to Alligator Creek Road, where the suspect crashed into a ditch, investigators said.
Respers was taken to CarolinaEast Medical Center to be treated for minor injuries. He has been charged with three felonies: speeding to elude, larceny, and possession of a stolen vehicle.
- Updated 7 memorable presidential debate moments
- Updated Miami Marlins to honor star pitcher Jose Fernandez
- Updated High school football player dies two days after injury in game
- Updated Governor visits Bertie County to assess flood damage
- Updated Obama dons hat, blanket during Tribal Nations ceremony