Two Dixon High School students are charged with breaking and entering the school and vandalizing it.
Colonel Boyd Brown of the Onslow County Sheriff's Office says school staff discovered the damage early Friday morning. Witnesses say the vandalism was part of a senior prank. A photo sent by a viewer to NewsChannel 12 shows toilet paper draped across the school lawn and buildings.
Deputies arrested Michael Anthony Campbell, 18, and Joseph Phillip Hix, also 18. Both are Dixon High School students.
After the teens were brought before a magistrate and formally charged, they were released to the custody of their parents.
The school is located in Holly Ridge. Investigators say the estimated cost of cleanup is unknown at this time.
- Updated Pentagon sends ISIS options to White House
- Updated South Korea's THAAD missile defense system gets land swap approval
- Updated Warren Buffett: Red-hot market not in a bubble, still looks 'cheap'
- Updated Transgender boy wins girls' wrestling championship in Texas
- Updated Academy Awards kills off wrong person