Two Dixon High School students are charged with breaking and entering the school and vandalizing it.
Colonel Boyd Brown of the Onslow County Sheriff's Office says school staff discovered the damage early Friday morning. Witnesses say the vandalism was part of a senior prank. A photo sent by a viewer to NewsChannel 12 shows toilet paper draped across the school lawn and buildings.
Deputies arrested Michael Anthony Campbell, 18, and Joseph Phillip Hix, also 18. Both are Dixon High School students.
After the teens were brought before a magistrate and formally charged, they were released to the custody of their parents.
The school is located in Holly Ridge. Investigators say the estimated cost of cleanup is unknown at this time.
- Updated Manchester attack: What we know and don't know
- Former Windsor police officer convicted for role in narcotics ring
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- 9-year-old girl dies following head on car collision
- Woman sent to the hospital following car crash with log truck