WASHINGTON, D.C. - Here they come again. Any day now, billions of cicadas will crawl out of the earth after 17 years underground and overrun the East Coast.
People from North Carolina to Connecticut will be outnumbered by the insects, roughly 600 to 1.
The cicadas will emerge only when the ground temperature reaches exactly 64 degrees.
After a few weeks in the trees, they'll die and their offspring will go underground, not to return until 2030.
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Updated 9-year-old girl dies following head on car collision
- Woman sent to the hospital following car crash with log truck
- Manchester Arena attack: 8-year-old girl among the dead at Ariana Grande concert
- Cops and Barbers event set for Tuesday in Greenville