A flood advisory is in effect for Martin, Bertie and Beaufort counties until 9:45am Friday.
Three to four inches of rain has fallen across Washington with some minor flooding near downtown according to local storm spotters. A line of additional brief heavy rain was moving northeast from Washington to Jamesville.
A strong cold front is moving through Eastern North Carolina this morning. Heavy rain showers and a few thunderstorms can be expected through late morning, especially east of hwy 17. These showers are moving toward the north east around 40mph and are bringing heavy rain of up to 1.5 inch per hour. Rain fall totals across the area have exceeded 5 inches in some locations. Since 1am Friday morning, Greenville has picked up 5.60" of rain.
This line of showers and thunderstorms will be out of the area between 10am and 12pm.
Skies will remain mostly cloudy this morning with gradual clearing this afternoon.
It'll be a much nicer weekend with sunny skies, cooler temperatures in the lower 70's and less humid.
- Updated Tornado watch continues for most of Eastern NC
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal