PORTSMOUTH - A 50-year-old man was evacuated from a cruise ship 150 miles east of Cape Lookout, Saturday.
According to the Coast Guard, a man who suffered a heart attack had to be evacuated from the Carnival Splendor, a 952-foot cruise ship at 8:00 p.m.
The man was taken to Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City and then to a hospital.
He is listed in stable condition.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend