SHELBY, N.C. - Public health officials say a church barbeque fundraiser is being investigated as the cause of a Salmonella outbreak.
The barbeque was held on September 7th at the Sandy Plains Baptist Church in Shelby, N.C. As of Tuesday, nine people have come down with Salmonella, all cases confirmed in the laboratory. Five of the patients have been hospitalized.
There's no word yet on what food at the barbeque might have led to the illnesses.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend