SHELBY, N.C. - Public health officials say a church barbeque fundraiser is being investigated as the cause of a Salmonella outbreak.
The barbeque was held on September 7th at the Sandy Plains Baptist Church in Shelby, N.C. As of Tuesday, nine people have come down with Salmonella, all cases confirmed in the laboratory. Five of the patients have been hospitalized.
There's no word yet on what food at the barbeque might have led to the illnesses.
- Updated Reports: Leaders of Oregon standoff acquitted
- Updated LAPD: Suspect in custody over Donald Trump's Hollywood star vandalism
- Trump: 'We should just cancel the election' and declare me the winner
- Kids get swine flu from pigs at state fairs, CDC reports
- Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew