MOREHEAD CITY, CARTERET COUNTY - The Carteret County Health Department in Morehead City is giving flu shots on Monday.
The vaccine will cost $30 and will be given on a walk-in basis.
The shots are available from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m. and again from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. from Monday through Friday.
Flu vaccines are designed to protect against the influenza viruses that are predicted to be the most common during the upcoming flu season.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone over six months of age be vaccinated against the flu.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- State natural, cultural sites and military discounts for Memorial Day