HAVELOCK, CRAVEN COUNTY - Changes are coming to Slocum Creek Historical Waterfront Park in Havelock. That's the park located right next to the Slocum Creek Bridge along Highway 70.
Katrina Marshall with the City of Havelock says, "we have recently been awarded a grant from CAMA to put two kayak launches along the creek and paths up to this park site. We'll have the picnic area improved with grills, picnic tables, and park benches."
Marshall says those projects will take about 18 months to complete and the entire project will be completed over several years.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Court declines to hear appeal on Wisconsin voter ID law before election
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of two nuns in Mississippi
- Two kayakers bound for Scotland, looking to make history
- Associated Press botches Hillary Clinton report and response