HAVELOCK, CRAVEN COUNTY - Changes are coming to Slocum Creek Historical Waterfront Park in Havelock. That's the park located right next to the Slocum Creek Bridge along Highway 70.
Katrina Marshall with the City of Havelock says, "we have recently been awarded a grant from CAMA to put two kayak launches along the creek and paths up to this park site. We'll have the picnic area improved with grills, picnic tables, and park benches."
Marshall says those projects will take about 18 months to complete and the entire project will be completed over several years.
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- New Cops and Barbers works to bridge gap between GPD, community
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Chocowinity soldier killed in action to be honored in NASCAR race
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere