HAVELOCK, CRAVEN COUNTY - Changes are coming to Slocum Creek Historical Waterfront Park in Havelock. That's the park located right next to the Slocum Creek Bridge along Highway 70.
Katrina Marshall with the City of Havelock says, "we have recently been awarded a grant from CAMA to put two kayak launches along the creek and paths up to this park site. We'll have the picnic area improved with grills, picnic tables, and park benches."
Marshall says those projects will take about 18 months to complete and the entire project will be completed over several years.
- Updated FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Greenville to begin work on Arlington Boulevard starting Sunday
- Updated State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated NCAA will now give money for academic achievements
- Updated After shut down, Vine's smartest stars have a backup plan