NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - Hatteras/CABO Yachts has terminated about a quarter of its workforce, the owners of the company announced Thursday.
According to Dan Kubera of the Brunswick Cooperation, 85 workers at Hatteras/CABO Yachts in New Bern have lost their jobs. The move was necessary to adjust production to market demand, Kubera said.
Before the latest layoffs, about 360 people worked at the company.
According to Brunswick Corporation, which manages Hatteras Yachts, the company is still for sale, but no buyer has been secured.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms