NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - Hatteras/CABO Yachts has terminated about a quarter of its workforce, the owners of the company announced Thursday.
According to Dan Kubera of the Brunswick Cooperation, 85 workers at Hatteras/CABO Yachts in New Bern have lost their jobs. The move was necessary to adjust production to market demand, Kubera said.
Before the latest layoffs, about 360 people worked at the company.
According to Brunswick Corporation, which manages Hatteras Yachts, the company is still for sale, but no buyer has been secured.
- Updated Southwest pilots reach tentative deal with airline after 4 years of talks
- Updated NC DOT's Ferry Division prepares for tropical system
- Updated Tropical storm warning, small craft advisory issued for Carteret County
- Updated Hershey crashes 11% after chocolate merger talks end
- Updated Chicago, aka 'Chi-raq' likely to top 2015 in number of shootings