Hatteras Yachts has announced dozens of additional layoffs from its New Bern workforce. Forty employees, both salaried and hourly, were notified that they were losing their jobs this week.
Hatteras and CABO officials tell NewsChannel 12 that layoffs are necessary as "these brands continue to make adjustments to reflect market conditions."
Earlier this month, the company that owns Hatteras Yachts laid off 100 employees and announced it was putting the New Bern company up for sale.
The Brunswick Corporation says it is still seeking a buyer for its Hatteras and CABO brands, and that process is ongoing.
Tune in to NewsChannel 12 tonight to hear from employees affected by the most recent layoffs.
- Election law doesn't care if Trump (or Clinton) ever concede
- Obama admits to laughing at Trump during debates
- How the GOP's first female presidential campaign manager manages Donald Trump
- Trump campaign launches nightly 'newscast' on Facebook
- More than 20 killed in attack on Pakistani police academy