MANNS HARBOR, N.C. - The N.C. Department of Transportation's Ferry Division canceled five runs between Hatteras and Ocracoke Saturday due to mechanical issues with one of the ferries, according to a news release.
The 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. runs from Hatteras to Ocracoke are canceled, as was the 3 p.m. run earlier in the day. The 6:45 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. runs from Ocracoke to Hatteras are also canceled. Crews are working to resume operations as soon as possible.
Travelers are encouraged to call each ferry terminal directly with questions about specific ferry routes or schedules. Travelers can also call 800-293-3779 (BY-FERRY) and Press 1 for up-to-date ferry information, or sign up to receive Tweets on their personal cell phones by going to www.twitter.com/ncdot_ferry.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating