OUTER BANKS - The North Carolina Department of Transportation's Ferry Division has suspended operations on the Hatteras Inlet route due to high water over N.C. 12 in Hatteras.
NCDOT is on alert and ready to activate emergency operations as needed. While other ferry routes will run according to regular schedule as long as possible, additional operations will likely be suspended as conditions deteriorate.
Operations will return to normal as soon as conditions are deemed safe.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals