CARTERET COUNTY - The Harker's Island Visitor Center is closing for a few days for building upgrades.
Cape Lookout National Seashore announced that the visitor center will close from Monday, December 10 through Thursday, December 13.
Construction crews will be replacing windows and installing new hurricane shutters.
The grounds around the visitor center will remain open to the public.
The visitor center will reopen on Friday, December 14.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals