RALEIGH - Vice President Joe Biden will visit North Carolina later this month in part to raise money for U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan's re-election bid.
A Hagan spokeswoman confirmed Monday that Biden was scheduled to speak Oct. 21 at a luncheon at the Washington Duke Inn in Durham. Tickets range from $500 to $10,000. Proceeds go to a committee for Hagan, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee and state Democratic Party. The News & Observer of Raleigh first reported Biden's appearance.
Hagan is seeking a second six-year term in 2014. At least four Republicans are running for their party's nomination to challenge her, including state House Speaker Thom Tillis.
Tillis is getting fundraising help from Karl Rove, the one-time strategist for President George W. Bush. He'll be appearing at Tillis events next month.
- Updated Pentagon sends ISIS options to White House
- Updated South Korea's THAAD missile defense system gets land swap approval
- Updated Warren Buffett: Red-hot market not in a bubble, still looks 'cheap'
- Updated Transgender boy wins girls' wrestling championship in Texas
- Updated Academy Awards kills off wrong person