MOREHEAD CITY - A Morehead City man recently convicted of several charges will go to prison as a habitual felon.
Fifty-three-year-old Frederick Gibbs was convicted on three counts of sale and delivery of cocaine and three counts of possession of cocaine. His prior convictions include common law robbery and felony breaking and entering.
The judge sentenced Gibbs to a minimum of 15 years in prison and a maximum of 20 years.
Gibbs previously served a 10-year sentence in prison and was released in 2010.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend