CRAVEN COUNTY - A habitual felon has been sentenced to prison for marijuana charges.
According to investigators, 42-year-old Farrow Smith, of Craven County, was convicted last week on possession with intent to sell or deliver marijuana, along with other charges. He was sentenced to between 87 to 114 months in prison.
On Oct. 3, 2011, Smith was found at Trent Court in New Bern fighting with another person, said police. While at the scene, officers discovered 17 bags of marijuana.
Smith's prior record includes at least three felony convictions, police said. Smith's criminal record stretches back to the 1980's.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo