CRAVEN COUNTY - The group of dolphins swam alongside a boat full of excited passengers in the Neuse River.
NewsChannel 12 viewer Kay Harton sent in these pictures from Monday afternoon. According to her, several people were aboard "The Cloud Nine" with Captain Peter Jacobsen, as the boat was heading from Fairfield Harbour towards Trent Woods. That was when about 15-20 dolphins swam next to the boat.
The crew was surprised to see so many dolphins in the Neuse River in December, Harton said.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend