CRAVEN COUNTY - The group of dolphins swam alongside a boat full of excited passengers in the Neuse River.
NewsChannel 12 viewer Kay Harton sent in these pictures from Monday afternoon. According to her, several people were aboard "The Cloud Nine" with Captain Peter Jacobsen, as the boat was heading from Fairfield Harbour towards Trent Woods. That was when about 15-20 dolphins swam next to the boat.
The crew was surprised to see so many dolphins in the Neuse River in December, Harton said.
- Updated What the AT&T and Time Warner deal will mean for you
- Updated Christian bakers who refused to make 'gay cake' lose discrimination appeal
- Updated Parent punches student in the stomach in a school hallway, then just walks away
- Singer Kellie Pickler's father arrested in eastern N.C.
- Spidey-strength: Aussie arachnid carts off mouse-sized snack