PITT COUNTY - Grimesland Bridge, shut down because icy conditions caused several vehicle accidents, reopened Friday night
Troopers closed the bridge across the Tar River just before 3p.m. Friday. They said six vehicles wrecked on the bridge in three separate accidents. Non life-threatening injuries were reported in two of those crashes.
According to the Highway Patrol, Grimesland Bridge was covered in ice. But DOTcrews had since salted the bridge, and said they planned to salt it again.
- Updated Tornado watch continues for most of Eastern NC
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal