PITT COUNTY - Grimesland Bridge, shut down because icy conditions caused several vehicle accidents, reopened Friday night
Troopers closed the bridge across the Tar River just before 3p.m. Friday. They said six vehicles wrecked on the bridge in three separate accidents. Non life-threatening injuries were reported in two of those crashes.
According to the Highway Patrol, Grimesland Bridge was covered in ice. But DOTcrews had since salted the bridge, and said they planned to salt it again.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals