GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Greenville Parks and Recreation is reconsidering its rules for drinking alcohol in some designated areas.
The city held a public forum Monday evening allowing residents the opportunity to voice their opinions either for or against this proposal that would allow alcohol in select public parks.
The proposal does come with some regulations including when, where, and what kinds of alcohol would be permitted. You can view the full draft proposal HERE.
Some residents are in favor of the proposal stating a change to the current alcohol policy could benefit the city's growth and expand the city's social scene.
Others argue allowing alcohol in more places will only bring more problems.
The city is continuing to seek public input, but the alcohol proposal must receive final approval by city council members before any changes will go into effect.
- Updated FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Greenville to begin work on Arlington Boulevard starting Sunday
- Updated State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated NCAA will now give money for academic achievements
- Updated After shut down, Vine's smartest stars have a backup plan