GREENVILLE - Greenville authorities were involved in a three hour standoff in River's Edge Apartments Sunday morning.
A viewer said a man was throwing beer bottles and items from his apartment window on Verdant drive. Pitt County Dispatchers said the call came in around 5:30 a.m., and Greenville Fire and EMS along with police to get the man to surrender.
Greenville police said the intoxicated suspect, 21 year old Christian Lindsay from Kernersville, NC, damaged two cars and attempted to break into an apartment.
Officers said Lindsay ran away from officers when they arrived to the scene, ran into his upstairs apartment and cut himself when he broke the windows. Authorities said it took nearly two hours to convince Lindsay to come out of the apartment and had to use a taser to get him to cooperate.
Lindsay was arrested and transported to Vidant Medical Center under involuntary mental commitment. Officers said charges for damage to property are pending. Lindsay has a prior record for misusing the 911 operating system.
No one else in the apartment complex was hurt.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County