ROCKY MOUNT, NASH COUNTY - A Greenville police officer has been arrested for an alleged confrontation at a college campus in Rocky Mount.
Officer Eric Robinson, 41, is charged with assault. His police powers have been suspended pending the outcome of an investigation, according to Sgt. Friday of the Greenville Police Department.
Robinson was attending an event at the Dunn Center on the campus of North Carolina Wesleyan College on Sunday, when he allegedly became involved in a confrontation with another person, said Sgt. Friday. The magistrate's office in Nash County then issued a misdemeanor arrest warrant against Robinson without a police investigation.
Robinson was told of the warrant Monday afternoon and turned himself in, Sgt. Friday said. The Internal Affairs Division of the Greenville Police Department is looking into the case.
According to Sgt. Friday, Robinson is a seven-year veteran of the Greenville Police Department. He has worked out of the Patrol Bureau throughout his career.
- Updated 10,000 stinging wasps make colossal nest in English country house
- Updated Jury finds second suspect guilty of triple murder at Farmville store
- Updated 7 Memorable Presidential Debate Moments
- Updated Police: Man arrested and charged 29 years after alleged rape
- Clinton and Trump: Who's on the debate guest list