ROCKY MOUNT, NASH COUNTY - A Greenville police officer has been arrested for an alleged confrontation at a college campus in Rocky Mount.
Officer Eric Robinson, 41, is charged with assault. His police powers have been suspended pending the outcome of an investigation, according to Sgt. Friday of the Greenville Police Department.
Robinson was attending an event at the Dunn Center on the campus of North Carolina Wesleyan College on Sunday, when he allegedly became involved in a confrontation with another person, said Sgt. Friday. The magistrate's office in Nash County then issued a misdemeanor arrest warrant against Robinson without a police investigation.
Robinson was told of the warrant Monday afternoon and turned himself in, Sgt. Friday said. The Internal Affairs Division of the Greenville Police Department is looking into the case.
According to Sgt. Friday, Robinson is a seven-year veteran of the Greenville Police Department. He has worked out of the Patrol Bureau throughout his career.
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return