GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A man has admitted in court to stabbing his girlfriend to death in Greenville.
Max Alberto Dorat Tejada, 24, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder Monday morning in the death of 32-year-old Elizabeth Hope Cutler, of Washington. Tejada was sentenced to between 20 years and 25 years in prison.
Police said Tejada stabbed Cutler during a domestic dispute in the parking lot of Sedgefield Apartments in Greenvillle on June 26, 2012. The victim later died at Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
The U.S. Marshal Fugitive Task Force arrested Tejada on June 30, 2012. He was originally indicted on one count of first-degree murder. But Tejada pleaded guilty to second-degree murder Monday as part of a deal with prosecutors.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County