GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A Greenville man was arrested and charged with statutory rape.
According to Pitt County deputies, Nathan Franicso Sutton, 20, of Northwest Acres Dr. in Greenville, engaged in sexual activities with a victim who was younger than 16 years old. The crime allegedly happened in Greenville between March 24-28. The suspect knew the victim for about three to four months, investigators said.
Sutton was arrested on Wednesday and was charged with one county of statutory rape/ sex offense by a defendant that is greater than six years. He was placed in jail under a $500,000 bond.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend