GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A Greenville man was arrested and charged with statutory rape.
According to Pitt County deputies, Nathan Franicso Sutton, 20, of Northwest Acres Dr. in Greenville, engaged in sexual activities with a victim who was younger than 16 years old. The crime allegedly happened in Greenville between March 24-28. The suspect knew the victim for about three to four months, investigators said.
Sutton was arrested on Wednesday and was charged with one county of statutory rape/ sex offense by a defendant that is greater than six years. He was placed in jail under a $500,000 bond.
- New New Bern Police arrest man in early-morning shooting
- New Report of rabies reported in Cape Carteret
- Updated White House effort to justify travel ban causes growing concern for some intelligence officials
- New Response to drug activity leads to arrest
- Caught on video: Plane's landing gear collapses in Amsterdam