GREENVILLE - The city of Greenville is one step closer to building its transportation activity center.
The center has been planned for years.
Funding for the project has been secured.
Most of the funding will come from federal grants. The state and city will each contribute 10% of the necessary money.
the $7.9 million budget was approved last September.
The center will be located at the corner of South Pitt Street and Bonners Lane.
It will serve as a hub for activity near the downtown area, while providing the public with a clean, modern, and safe transfer between buses and other transportation.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew