GREENVILLE - The city of Greenville is one step closer to building its transportation activity center.
The center has been planned for years.
Funding for the project has been secured.
Most of the funding will come from federal grants. The state and city will each contribute 10% of the necessary money.
the $7.9 million budget was approved last September.
The center will be located at the corner of South Pitt Street and Bonners Lane.
It will serve as a hub for activity near the downtown area, while providing the public with a clean, modern, and safe transfer between buses and other transportation.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- New Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race