The Pitt County Health Department fines a group of Greenville bar owners more than $200,000 for violating a statewide smoking ban.
According to Assistant County Attorney Lisa Overton, six bars that owed money for several days were ruled non-compliant.
Overton says one bar paid its fine. Another is working on paying its fines. But four others have not paid anything. Those include: Mac Billiards, Live, Club 519 and 5th Street Distillery.
While the courts have spoken about the law it's possible the bars' lawyers are looking into options to appeal.
- Updated 7 memorable presidential debate moments
- Updated Miami Marlins to honor star pitcher Jose Fernandez
- Updated High school football player dies two days after injury in game
- Updated Governor visits Bertie County to assess flood damage
- Updated Obama dons hat, blanket during Tribal Nations ceremony