GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Greenville has been awarded a $75,000 grant to improve the city's recycling initiative.
The North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources awarded the grant to Greenville, which will help purchase residential roll-out carts for recycling use, according to a city release. The Sanitation Division applied for this grant and received the maximum award of $75,000.
The upgraded recycling bins will be purchased for Greenville residents who receive curbside garbage and recycling service in 2014.
- New New Bern Police arrest man in early-morning shooting
- New Report of rabies reported in Cape Carteret
- Updated White House effort to justify travel ban causes growing concern for some intelligence officials
- New Response to drug activity leads to arrest
- Caught on video: Plane's landing gear collapses in Amsterdam