GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Several units at a Greenville apartment complex suffered heavy damage from a fire Friday evening.
The fire started at about 5:30 p.m. Friday at 714 Patton Circle. According to property manager Rocky Russell, five apartment units suffered heavy damage, and two units suffered smoke damage.
Russell said he plans to help the displaced families get new places to live.
"I feel pretty bad for the tenants involved because of the cold weather and the fact that they're out of a home," Russell said. "We'll try to find the tenants another place at the complex if they want to stay here."
No injuries were reported.
There was no word on what caused the fire. Russell added that repairs may take months to complete.
- Updated Before his coma he spoke English; after waking up he's fluent in Spanish
- Auburn to honor Barkley with statue
- Pope opens private summer residence to visitors
- Governor tours Princeville, visits Rocky Mount Disaster Recovery Center
- Former President Bill Clinton taking bus tour through Greenville