GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Several units at a Greenville apartment complex suffered heavy damage from a fire Friday evening.
The fire started at about 5:30 p.m. Friday at 714 Patton Circle. According to property manager Rocky Russell, five apartment units suffered heavy damage, and two units suffered smoke damage.
Russell said he plans to help the displaced families get new places to live.
"I feel pretty bad for the tenants involved because of the cold weather and the fact that they're out of a home," Russell said. "We'll try to find the tenants another place at the complex if they want to stay here."
No injuries were reported.
There was no word on what caused the fire. Russell added that repairs may take months to complete.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend