GREENSBORO - Police in Greensboro have charged a female student with attacking a teacher at a local high school.
Police spokeswoman Susan Danielsen said Wednesday that the 17-year-old has been charged with disorderly conduct, inciting a riot and assault on a school administrator in the attack at Dudley High School.
Paramedics took teacher Wole Ajala to Moses Cone Hospital for treatment. Danielsen would not describe the teacher's injuries.
Guilford County schools chief of staff Nora Carr says the student's punishment will be swift and severe.
District policy prohibits a student who attacks a teacher from returning to the classroom unless the teacher agrees.
Dudley High last year reported two assaults on school personnel.
- Updated Suicide attacks kill dozens in Syrian city of Homs
- Updated Pence pledges to 'keep our end of the bargain' with top Jewish supporters
- Witness recalls moments before, after Olathe shooting
- Teen wants to be guardian of sister after both parents die
- Prosecutors question NYC mayor in federal probe