NC COAST - She has become a shark familiar to many in Eastern North Carolina. "Mary Lee" is once again tracking just off the coast of North Carolina.
Mary Lee carries a tracking device which was placed on her by OCEARCH researchers on September 17, 2012. She is 16-feet-long and weighs 3,456 pounds. She was tracking off the coast of Wilmington Sunday night and has been tracked up and down the NC coast since late September.
Mary Lee's closest tracked encounter with the NC coast was on January 21, 2013, when she was tracked swimming into the Pamlico Sound for a brief time.
You can track Mary Lee and other Great White Sharks on OCEARCH's website: CLICK HERE.
Mary Lee even has her own Facebook page: CLICK HERE.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend