WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY - A fire breaks out in one local family's kitchen, causing major damage to the home.
We talked with Sgt. Amick of the Washington Police Department. He confirms the blaze started in the kitchen of a home on Slatestone Drive in Washington.
The emergency call came in at about 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
Severe damage was done to the structure. According to Sgt. Amick, the family has no choice but to find another place to stay.
There were no injuries reported.
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated FSU football player wins hearts sharing lunch
- Updated Camp Lejeune reports death of Marine in Beulaville
- Updated NFL clears three more players in PEDs investigation
- Updated Kratom to join heroin, LSD on Schedule I drug list