AYDEN - Investigators said a grease fire gutted half a duplex displacing two fires.
Fire crews responded to the home on Liberty Street in Ayden around 7:15 p.m.
They said the fire gutted the left side of the duplex and nothing inside was salvageable.
Two families, three members in one, and two in the other, escaped the fire unharmed.
Fire crews are working with the housing authority and the Red Cross to find the families a place to stay.
- Updated Big reward offered in local breaking and entering case
- Updated Scientists discover coin-sized night frogs in India
- Updated SpaceX aborts space station docking
- New Doctor says coyote followed him into work
- Divisive rhetoric from leaders like Trump, Duterte threatens human rights, Amnesty says