Greenville attorney David Sutton is indicted on charges of resisting a public officer.
Sutton tells NewsChannel 12 he was indicted by a grand jury this week.
Pitt County deputies say Sutton tried to enter the Pitt County Courthouse on Nov. 15th, refused commands by a deputy to stop, and then refused to be handcuffed.
Sutton says he was conducting usual business as an attorney and therefore should not have been subjected to a pat down at the security checkpoint.
- Updated Jimmy Choo's stock is spiking. Here's why
- Updated 'The Rock' is Hollywood's highest paid actor
- Updated Hillary Clinton's California swing yields $19 million in 72 hours
- Updated Celebrate National Parks' 100th birthday by joining Obama on a (virtual) tour of Yosemite
- Updated Baby found in vomit saved