Greenville attorney David Sutton is indicted on charges of resisting a public officer.
Sutton tells NewsChannel 12 he was indicted by a grand jury this week.
Pitt County deputies say Sutton tried to enter the Pitt County Courthouse on Nov. 15th, refused commands by a deputy to stop, and then refused to be handcuffed.
Sutton says he was conducting usual business as an attorney and therefore should not have been subjected to a pat down at the security checkpoint.
- New Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte
- Manchester attack: Hunt for possible 2nd bomb under way