Greenville attorney David Sutton is indicted on charges of resisting a public officer.
Sutton tells NewsChannel 12 he was indicted by a grand jury this week.
Pitt County deputies say Sutton tried to enter the Pitt County Courthouse on Nov. 15th, refused commands by a deputy to stop, and then refused to be handcuffed.
Sutton says he was conducting usual business as an attorney and therefore should not have been subjected to a pat down at the security checkpoint.
- Updated Women's golf tournament will stay at Trump-owned course -- for now
- New Self-driving truck hauls 51,744 cans of beer
- Updated Donald Trump says he will dramatically ramp up donations in final stretch of campaign
- Updated Administration pushes back on criticism of Obamacare rate hikes
- Updated Governor tours storm damage, celebrates openig of Neuse Sports Shop in Kinston