KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Grainger Stadium in Kinston is hosting a World Cup watch party for the next US game on July 1. The USA Men's National Soccer Team match in the knock-out round will be televised live on the stadium's on the big screen.
The game begins at 3:30 p.m.
Kinston Mayor BJ Murphy encourages fans of all ages to come on out. "The City of Kinston is excited about rooting on Team USA. To get folks in the spirit, kids will be allowed to play on the field and are encouraged to bring a soccer ball and wear their favorite soccer team's jersey," said Murphy.
Bill Ellis, Kinston-Lenoir County Parks & Recreation Director said, "Area High School soccer players will be putting on a free clinic prior to the game and at half time. Concessions will be available and admission is free. Gates will open 30 minutes prior to game time."
The US team advances to the knock-out round after losing 0-1 to Germany on Thursday. The team faces Belgium in Tuesday's match.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Updated NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue