NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - Governor Pat McCrory's school safety task force is set to meet in New Bern Thursday.
On the docket for the day is health of special needs students, school climate and discipline and physical safety and emergency preparedness.
Three subcommittees met separately Wednesday at the North Carolina History Center in New Bern, with each one focusing on those three topics.
Along with the swearing in of new members, the task force will hear presentations on each topic, and updates presented by the state departments of Heath and Human Services, Justice and Public Instruction.
To end the day, the task force will hold a closed door session in order to receive a confidential committee report and discuss plans on public safety and emergency preparedness.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms